Hello Lineage fans, today in this tutorial we are going to show you how to Root LineageOS using Magisk Systemless Root. We already shared a tutorial on how to Root Lineage OS ROM using SuperSU, but if you want to Root it using Magisk then here is the tutorial. So, proceed below and follow the steps to Root Lineage OS using Magisk Systemless Root.
What is Magisk?
Magisk is a Mod developed by XDA user topjohnwu. It roots the device without altering the System files and thus it is called Systemless Root. It is highly useful for the devices with Stock ROM, as Magisk doesn’t block OTA updates.
- Make sure your device is unrooted. If you have already Rooted your device, then unroot it first.
- You need to have Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your device.
- Backup Important data.
- Take Nandroid Backup of your device.
- Charge your device to at least 75%.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings > Developer Options. If Developer Options is missing, go to Settings > About Phone and tap on Build Number for about 7-10 times.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damage to your device. Proceed with the steps at your own risk.
Download Magisk Systemless Root for LineageOS
SuperSU (If you don’t want MagiskSU then you can install it)
How to Root LineageOS using Magisk Systemless Root
Step 1: Download the Magisk.zip, Uninstaller, and SuperSU zip files from the above downloads section.
Step 2: Copy all the files to your device’s internal or external storage.
Step 3: Power off and boot your device into Recovery Mode.
Step 4: From Recovery, you can install Magisk to Root your device.
- For installing SuperSU, flash the SuperSU in Systemless mode and then flash the Magisk zip file.
- If you want to use integrated MagiskSU, the just flash the Magisk zip package.
Step 5: Once installed, reboot your device.
Step 6: After reboot, download Magisk Manager to manage Root Permissions.
With this, you are done with Rooting LineageOS using Magisk Systemless Root.
Was this tutorial helpful? If yes, don’t forget to share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus etc.
Have any questions? Comment below.